Sayadawgyi will be arriving in Yangon on 1 April 2014.
Sayadawgyi is likely to spend about 1 & half months in Myanmar & will be travelling to Bangkok to conduct the Sima Setting in the new Bangkok Monastery and also a short meditation retreat in Bangkok subject to availability.
Vietnam will be another possible country for Sayadawgyi to travel. Sayadawgyi will also be attending the “Sharing Merits” ceremony in Batam Meditation Branch in the month of May.
May all be well, happy & peaceful.
During the 3-months Vassa or Rain Retreat period (23 Jul – 19 Oct 2013), Pa-Auk Sayadaw’s visiting hours will be as follow:-
- 1:00pm to 1:30pm
- 5:00pm to 5:30pm
May we support to Sayadaw’s wish to meditate and rest during this period by adhering strictly to the visiting hours.
Sādhu! Sādhu! Sādhu!
Pa-Auk Meditation Chart
The chart showing the way to practise The Four Elements Meditation and Mindfulness of Breathing
Pa-Auk Forest Monastery (Pa-Auk Tawya in Burmese) is a Buddhist monastery in the Theravāda tradition, with emphasis on the teaching and practice of both Samatha (tranquility) and Vipassanā (insight) meditation.
- Mindfulness-of-Breathing (ānāpānassati) – to develop absorption concentration (the four jhānas)
- Most of the 40 Samatha subjects taught by The Buddha – including loving-kindness (mettā) meditation, the thirty-two parts of the body, the ten kasinas and the four immaterial jhānas
- Four-Elements Meditation – to analyze ultimate materiality and ultimate mentality
- Dependent Origination – to discern past, present and future lives by analyzing their causes and conditions
- Vipassanā Meditation – to discern the five aggregates (materiality and mentality) as impermanent, subject to suffering and without a self