1. Sayadawgyi cannot chew very well. This is because he has very few teeth. He is using denture.
2. Sayadawgyi has two stomach ulcers. Due to a surgery of the stomach 37 years ago, there was cutting of the nerves related to the stomach. Thus, the gastric juice produced now is very little. Sayadawgyi cannot digest his food well now.
3. Due to the surgery, Sayadawgyi also has an unhealed wound at the wall of the duodenum, the area between the stomach and the small intestine. This wound causes the ‘door’ between the stomach and the small intestine to remain open at all times. This results in the loss of control of food particles travelling from stomach to the small intestine. Now, food always moves too quickly from the stomach to the small intestine before the complete digestion of the food in the stomach. There is not enough time for complete digestion of the food in the stomach.
4. These conditions have given Sayadawgyi much chronic pain physically. Now, when he eats, he must chew his food very thoroughly before he can swallow. If he is unable to chew the food well enough, he must spit the food out. Due to the above conditions, Sayadawgyi has frequent diarrhea, and has much gas in the stomach. Distension of the stomach always causes a lot of discomfort to Sayadawgyi.
5. Saydawgyi may need to go to toilet very frequently especially at night (frequent urination) due to the weakness of his kidneys and bladder. Thus, please make sure that the toilet is very accessible.
6. Sayadawgyi also has uncontrolled diabetes, high blood pressure, high level of uric acid and high blood cholesterol.