Due to Sayadaw’s medical conditions, it is advisable and important to understand about Sayadaw’s diet and try to make special arrangements for Sayadaw’s meals. Here are some helpful guidelines for your reference.
HOW TO PREPARE FOOD FOR SAYADAW?
- At PATVDH we are doing our best to provide organic vegetables and fruits for Sayadaw.
- Sayadaw is a full vegetarian. He does not take eggs, milk, cheese, yoghurt and seaweed.
- Avoid especially vinegar, it will cause severe diarrhoea for Sayadaw.
- Sayadaw has mild iron deficiency anaemia. Leafy vegetables and fruits are good as iron supplements.
- Proper and hygiene preparation of food is essential.
- Avoid using white sugar. Use diabetic sugar.
- Reduce salt.
- Strictly avoid stored food or overnight cooked food.
- Try to preserve freshness of fruits & salads. We suggest you prepare them @ PATVDH.
- Cook the rice until it is of soft texture.
- Cook all food soft. However, please do not overcook the green vegetables to retain its nutrients.
- Cut food into small particles.
- Always keep food and drinks warm, and only serve warm water.
WHAT ARE THE FOOD SUITABLE FOR SAYADAW?
|Brown rice||Vinegar, Soda|
|Use grape seed oil for cooking||Coconut oil, Canola oil|
|Use olive oil to prepare salad||Eggs|
|Vitamin B Complex||Tea, Coffee, Herbal Tea, White Sugar|
|Hawthorn||Coca Cola, Sweeten drinks|
|Vegetables: Tomatoes, Leafy Vegetables, Broccoli, Carrots, Baby kale, Peas, Sweet Potatoes, Asparagus, Spinach, Beans, Brussels, Sprouts, Beets, Red Deep Green Veggie, Pumpkin, Kyaung Sha Tee, TaMar||Milk, Cheese, Yogurt|
|Seeds: Assorted Nuts, Chia Seeds.||Chocolates|
Your patience and kind cooperation is greatly appreciated!!
Sādhu! Sādhu! Sādhu!